Yoredale House Guest House
Yoredale House is located in the heart of Wensleydale in the village of Aysgarth, North Yorkshire.
We offer 3 guest rooms, which are located on the first floor and are accessed by a staircase with banister. These rooms offer a mix of double and twin accommodation. All have en suite shower rooms.
The approach to the front of the house from the main road is level with access to the guest house from the side entrance which is clearly marked. The front of the building provides access to our tea room which is open 6 days a week (Wednesday – Monday inclusive).
- Travelling by car, we are 30 minutes from the A1 and 50 minutes from the M6.
- Aysgarth is not linked by train to the national network but it is possible to reach Aysgarth by the bus network or by a mixture of bus and train, using Wensleydale Railway, which runs from Leeming Bar to nearby Leyburn.
- Leyburn and Hawes are local market towns, both a short drive away which have an assortment of shops, including small supermarkets. Leyburn has a market each Friday and Hawes provides one on Tuesdays.
- Bus stops are 20 yards away opposite the guest house. Using the bus network, it is possible to travel almost anywhere in the country.
- The nearest railway station is Redmire Railway Station about 2 miles away, which can take you to Leyburn or Leeming Bar. From Leeming Bar there is a bus service to Northallerton, North Yorkshire’s county town, which has a main railway station.
- Pets are not allowed.
- We do not have documents in Braille or foreign languages.
- Our website www.yoredalehouse.com provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the “Contact Information” below.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Guest rooms are available from 3pm. If you require an earlier check-in, please call in advance. If you expect to arrive after 6pm, please let us know.
- There is ample free car parking opposite our guest house.
- We offer assistance with luggage if required.
- The side door faces the Tea Garden.
- There are no steps.
- The door is usually locked after 5pm, so please ring the bell.
- The house has a narrow hallway with access to the guest rooms and the tea room, which also serves as the breakfast room.
- From the hallway, there is a carpeted staircase with a banister. There are 16 steps to a half-landing and then a further 3 steps up to the first floor.
- We have 3 guest bedrooms on the first floor (please see section “Bedrooms” for more information).
- The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- The tea room is open to the public from 10am till 4.30pm and is accessible to all guests during these hours. It is also where breakfast is served each morning.
- Three bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided in the rooms, with a filtered water machine available to all guests on the first floor landing.
- Each room has a TV/DVD with Freeview, CD/radio/alarm and hair dryer.
- There are torches for emergency use.
- We provide towels and complimentary soap and shampoo.
- There are blankets for use during the winter and sheets for use during the summer.
- All bedrooms have wardrobes, dressing tables and bedside cabinets, and 2 armchairs.
- There is a folder in each bedroom, which contains further information about the guest house.
- Bedroom 1 in on the first floor accessed from the landing.
- This is a double room with an en suite shower room.
- This room has a double bed with access from both sides.
- Bedroom 2 is on the first floor.
- This room has a good size shower room.
- There is a King size double bed with access from both sides.
- Bedroom 3 in on the first floor.
- This room has a large shower room.
- There is a super king double bed with access from both sides. This room can be converted to two 3ft single beds if required.
- We have a garden to the side with chairs and tables.
- Access to the garden is via the side entrance.
- There are fire extinguishers located in the hall and first floor landing.
- The guest house is protected with a fire alarm system, with smoke detectors outside the rooms. Please let us know if you have a hearing impairment.
- The fire exit is the side door.
- It is against the law to smoke anywhere indoors.
- Our breakfasts provide options suitable for vegetarians.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.
- Yoredale House, Aysgarth, North Yorkshire, DL8 3AE
- E-mail address: